Your Step by Step Guide to Build Automation Nirvana
It has been my experience working with a number of developers and clients that having an automated way of building mobile apps is desired but often put on a back burner for a variety of reasons.
Some of the reasons I have heard are:
- We have other urgent priorities
- Too complex to setup
- Not worth setting up for such a small app
- I don’t know where to begin
- And the list goes on...
In the past I would agree that setting up an automated build process was definitely not simple, however with the advent of new services (such as Bitrise.io, HockeyApp, AppVeyor, etc) setting up a build process is a relatively simple affair that everyone should do. So over the next few days (maybe weeks) I will provide a number of posts that will provide details on how we setup our build process for Xamarin mobile apps.
The posts in this series:
- What we are going to build
- Getting our first build
- Setting up our app identifiers
- Setting up our app icons
- Setting up our Certificates & Key Stores
- Setting up our Xamarin Insights
- Setting up Hockey App
- Setting up our Environment/Project configuration
- Setting up our Bitrise.io Workflow Steps
- Building our first Bitrise.io custom scripts
- Setting up additional Bitrise.io workflows
- Cleaning up/refactoring with Bitrise.io Environment variables
- Setting up UI Tests
- Delivering apps to the stores
- Where to go from here
I hope you enjoy the series and hope it helps you setup your build process.